Matthew K. Tabor said some kind words about Patriots and Peoples when he tagged me with this meme.
- The rules of the game get posted at the beginning.
- Each player answers the questions about themselves.
- At the end of the post, the player then tags 5-6 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read your blog.
- Let the person who tagged you know when you’ve posted your answer.
1) What was I doing 10 years ago?
Ten years ago I resumed fly fishing after having given it up in my youth. I knew, when I resumed fishing after graduate school, that bait chucking would lead to fly casting, and that casting a long rod would lead to fly tying. John Gierach puts it well: “Tying our own flies is where many of us go off the deep end with fly fishing. … I was sort of looking for the deep end” (Good Flies, 1). Ten years ago I sentenced myself to a life of obsessive idleness.
2) What are 5 things on my to-do list for today (not in any particular order):
- grade papers
- review lecture notes for evening class
- set-up meeting of executive team for 2009 Washington State Elementary Chess Championship
- work on preliminary budget for 2009 WSECC
3) Snacks I enjoy:
4) Things I would do if I were a billionaire:
- Cast flies for trout in
- Drink mojitos in
- Play golf with Bill Gates
5) Three of my bad habits:
- speed chess
- watching television
- driving fast to get somewhere
- letting an occasional week go by without writing
6) 5 places I have lived:
Baudette, Minnesota Klamath Falls, Oregon Clovis, New Mexico Moscow, Idaho Lenoir City, Tennessee
7) 5 jobs I have had:
- Pizza delivery driver, Dominos
- Convenience store clerk, graveyard shift
- Janitor, Northtown Mall
- Adjunct professor at alma mater
- Private chess tutor
8) 6 peeps I wanna know more about:
- Ed Darrell at Millard Fillmore’s Bathtub looks for truth (and finds errors) in history, science, and education.
- Ortho’s Baudrillard’s Bastard always offers something to think about.
- Miguel Antonio Guzmán does not appear focused upon Frank Zappa at Jazz from Hell.
- Historian Larry Cebula intimidates me with his content rich Northwest History. I’m using his as a text in my
Pacific Northwesthistory course this summer.
- Historiann keeps readers engaged with issues affecting higher education, contemporary politics, and gender history.
- Brian Tubbs shares his passion for the American Revolution & Founding Era.